Take some time to explore the City of Edinburgh, voted one of the top 10 most beautiful in the world and discover culture, epic history and heartwarming tales. There are many Edinburgh city tour companies which specialise in guided tours of Edinburgh but here are a few that we recommend:
Edinburgh City Tours - Bus & Walking
- EDINBURGH BUS TOUR | Waverley Bridge | T: 0131 220 0770 | www.edinburghtour.com However long you are in Edinburgh and whatever you want to see, they have a tour for you. Choose from live guided tours around the city centre or longer trips to Leith or the Forth Bridges.
- SANDEMANS EDINBURGH TOURS | Various Meeting Points | www.newedinburghtours.com Home of the Famous Edinburgh Free Tour with some of the best guides in the business.
- LOCAL EYES (SMALL GROUP TOURS) | T:07769 265 952 | www.localeyestours.co.uk Edinburgh is a city best discovered on foot and this company offers a variety of Walking Tours.
- CITY OF EDINBURGH TOURS | Old Police Box, Tron Kirk | T: 0131 220 6868 | www.cityofedinburghtours.com This company specailises in ghost & history tours of Edinburgh including our famous underground vaults.
- EDINBURGH PHOTOGRAPHY TOURS | T: 0779 533 7778 | www.jameschristiephotography.com James Christie is a world renowned and internationally published, professional photographer and he will take you on a four hour walking / photography and sightseeing tour around the major attractions in Edinburgh’s vibrant and famous Old Town.
- EDINBURGH LITERARY PUB TOUR | The Beehive Inn, Grassmarket | T: 0131 226 6665 | www.edinburghliterarypubtour.co.uk Join the intrepid duo, Clart (as in muck!) and their clean-hankied intellectual McBrain, who will lead you on a brilliant and witty dramatic romp through the wynds, courtyards and pubs of Edinburgh’s Old and New Town. A hilarious duel of wits across three hundred years of great writing and colourful characters!
- MERCAT TOURS | The Mercat Cross, Royal Mile | T: 0131 225 5445 | www.mercattours.com History walks and ghost tours from Edinburgh’s award-winning storytellers.
- CITY OF THE DEAD TOURS | St Giles Cathedral, Royal Mile | T: 0131 225 9044 | www.cityofthedeadtours.com Founded in 1999, Black Hart Entertainment runs the world famous City of the Dead walks in Edinburgh – The Haunted Graveyard Tour, Underground City of the Dead and Double Dead Tours.
- AULD REEKIE TOURS | 45 Niddry Street | T: 0131 557 4700 | www.auldreekietours.com Paranormally active and haunted network of 1700’s underground vaults, as featured on television by “Most Haunted Live”.